I really like making food for game days. I can’t stand “the game”, of any kind, but I really like the food that goes along with it! I teamed up with WZPL, The Mix, and Your Indiana Turkey Farmers to bring you a fun and unique recipe for your game day celebration. You’ll love these so much you’ll make them any day!
I really like this recipe because it’s traditionally done with ham. This recipe appeals to everyone, including those who don’t eat pork. You also have some creative freedom with this recipe because you can change up the cheese you choose to use as well as the type of slider bun.
Game Day Turkey Sliders
1 1/2 pound Boars Head Oven Roasted Turkey*
1/4 cup mayonaise
1 can of cranberry sauce, (Whole berry, not jellied)
1 8 oz package of sliced Gouda (10-12 slices)**
1 dozen slider or dinner rolls (I prefer King’s Hawaiian)
1/2 c butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp poultry seasoning
2 Tbs sesame seeds
1. Line 9×13 baking dish will foil.
2. Cut rolls in half horizontally.
3. Lay the bottom half in a 9×13 baking dish.
4. Spread mayonnaise on bottom half of the rolls.
5. Lay turkey slices evenly over bottom half of rolls.
6. Spread cranberry sauce over turkey slices, evenly. Spread as far to the edges of the bread as you can go.
7. Lay slices of cheese over cranberry sauce.
8. Finish slider layers with top layer of slider buns.
9. In a small sauce pot, melt butter, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, and sesame seeds.
10. Pour melted butter over sliders.
11. Cover sliders with another layer of foil and let sit for 1 hour up to overnight.
Time to Bake Them!
12. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
13. Bake sliders, covered, for 20 minutes.
14. Remove foil and bake sliders for another 5 minutes.
15. Slice sliders into individual sandwiches and serve warm.
*Feel free to roast your own turkey breast and use that instead! Just make sure to shred or slice it so that it’s even distributed over the rolls.
** I love gouda for this recipe, but you can change things up and use other cheeses. I recommend cheddar or brie, but go crazy and choose whatever cheese you like!